12th Grade Options, (September 2017)Students must choose subjects from each of the options below. Students must have gained a B grade pass or above at IGCSE/GCSE to be eligible to choose AS subjects†. Students gaining a C grade pass or a high enough school grade in an extended subject, may be eligible to join an existing class.
Students are allowed to choose study periods by opting out of some subjects.
|Number of AS Subject Studied||Number of Study Periods Allowed|
|One or zero||2|
|Two||2 to 4|
|Three or more||7|
- Diploma English(5) & Study Periods (2)
or English Literature† (7) or Art† (7) or Physics† (7) or History†
- Diploma Accounting(5) & Current Affairs (2)
or Greek†*(7) or French† (7) or Chemistry† (7)
- Diploma Maths(7)
or Maths† (7)(7)
- Creative Technology - Applied ICT(3) & Design(4)
or Applied ICT†*(7) or Biology† (7)
- Leisure and Tourism(7)
or Business† (7) or Geography† (7)
Compulsory subjectsPhysical Education(2)
† These classes follow an AS syllabus
* These classes do not continue to A-Level
(2) – The number of periods taught each week.
Grade 12 DiplomaThe alternatives to the subjects that follow an AS syllabus are school based ‘diploma’ subjects. They cover a wide range of skills leading towards the school diploma and are not examined externally. The school reserves the right to alter the diploma subjects. Students may take a mixture of AS and diploma subjects. AS subjects will also contribute towards the diploma. AS subjects are more demanding and will be weighted more heavily than the diploma subjects.
12th Grade Diploma Subjects 2017
- Diploma English
- IGCSE Accounting
- Diploma Maths
- Creative Technology - Applied ICT & Design
- Leisure and Tourism
- Current Affairs
Diploma Point System
- Grade 12 Subjects is graded using a 20 point scale (similar to the Apolytirion)
- This will be used exclusively on Grade 12 Term 1,2,3 & Final reports.
- The pass mark will be 10/20
- The percentage grade (from tests, classwork etc..) will be converted to a point score
- This conversion will take the difficulty of the subjects into account.
- The precise conversion scale will be calculated on a subject by subject basis, taking previous years grades into account to ensure as fair a system as possible.
- The point score will be used to determine Credit & Distinction.
As such we strongly recommend that students who are capable of doing AS subjects and meet the requirements, choose them to obtain the highest possible score on their diploma